A cheeky necklace made with stamped metal.
Metal stamping is a fun and easy technique that could easily become your go-to for DIY gifts.
- Pimke added Metal Stamped Necklace to Handwerk 01 Feb 10:33
- Taylor K. favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 01 Apr 00:04
- AwkwardFlea added Metal Stamped Necklace to Ideas 21 Mar 22:29
- Chemical Kid favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 19 Dec 18:02
- Erin W. favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 23 Oct 20:35
- St.Ephanie ^^ favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 17 Oct 14:35
- jen s. favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 06 Oct 08:33
- Amanda L. favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 13 Sep 07:20
- Just Enjoy Every Tear :*[ commented on Metal Stamped Necklace 29 Aug 19:56
- Seahopes favorited Metal Stamped Necklace 27 Aug 22:53
Gather all of your supplies and the letters you’ll need for your project. Place your metal medium onto the steel block and center it. Use some pieces of masking tape lined up parallel to the top and bottom of your steel block to not only secure your metal piece, but also to provide a straight line to help keep your stamps straight.
When you’re ready to stamp, gather your stamps in the order in which they’ll be stamped. I guess I worked on this necklace when I was in a grumpy mood, so I made a *fml! necklace. Metal stamping is super therapeutic if you’re grumpy. I recommend considering ear protection while you metal stamp because you definitely got sensitive to the noise after awhile.
Working outward toward the edges of your design, stamp the next letters. In the FML necklace, that’s F and L. The hardest part is getting them the same distance from each side of the M, and also getting them straight. My biggest tip is to take the time to get everything lined up before hammering because it’s not like you can press the delete key on stamped metal.