Become a magic aquatic creature...
This is the fancy dress my friend and I made for her. She wants an aquatic creature, but not a mermaid with a ridiculous fish tail, so we made it in another way and it led to this, like a nymph...
Hope someone will enjoy and be inspired by our work!
- Melissa S. favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 28 Apr 14:50
- Crafterella added Mermaid Fancy Dress to The Black Swan 20 Apr 20:32
- Nancy! added Mermaid Fancy Dress to Monde des Fée/Fôret enchantée 28 Jan 16:32
- Rainer Meg favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 05 Jan 00:29
- Maytag Suzanne commented on Mermaid Fancy Dress 04 Nov 14:06
- Alissa B. favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 29 Oct 04:30
- almosthope favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 05 Sep 00:20
- Jaybird favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 29 Jul 04:44
- Morgaine O. favorited Mermaid Fancy Dress 05 Jul 23:33
So we made a sweat band with the skirt fabric to cover her breast. For the net fabric it's a little more complicated. You have to cut it into tiny ends on the top, and then crossed them around the neck. We chose to not cover her back with net fabric, it is actually lightly sewn on the sides of the sweatband.
Finally, we add some shells with super glue and the starfish that we made with painted polystyrene.
Then the most important thing : the make up. She made it inspired by black swan and helped by this tutorial on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrZuhdj6Tg
And the hairstyle is inspired by Calisi in the TVshow Game of throne : http://mimg.ugo.com/201009/58998/cuts/daenerys_288x288.jpg