Everything's better down where it's wetter, take it from meee.
I made this a while ago, so not everything is pictured, but hopefully you'll understand!
*You can also pull it up and wear it as a dress and add a beachy hair clip.
Most of the time is made up of gluing the sequins, everything else is very quick.
- Rachel W. added Mermaid Costume to Beach Party 17 Apr 15:43
- Deanna G. added Mermaid Costume to Fancy Dress 09 Jan 19:54
- Sarah C. favorited Mermaid Costume 22 Jul 18:25
- SugarNSpiceLily added Mermaid Costume to costumes 20 Jul 22:37
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Mermaid Costume 20 Jul 22:37
- Vanessa B. favorited Mermaid Costume 05 Feb 05:28
- ShoujoMadness favorited Mermaid Costume 11 Jan 20:48
- Grimgirl101 favorited Mermaid Costume 04 Jan 09:38
- Zuri favorited Mermaid Costume 26 Dec 09:07
- brizinga favorited Mermaid Costume 23 Dec 22:20
BRA TOP BASE:
-2 colors of felt
*braided sequin ribbon for straps
Begin by placing one color felt onto the cup of the bra to figure out how much you'll need
Using this knowledge, sketch the outline of a clam shell onto the card stock paper.
*make sure to make it a little bit bigger, you don't want your tata's hanging out!
Cut out the stencil and, checking to see if the size is accurate first, apply it to the felt and draw around it.
If you're planning to reuse this bra again, loosely baste the bottom of the clam shell to the bra.
Do NOT go up all the way to the top!
*If you're adding straps baste them on now
Now continue to baste on the clamshell.
DECORATING BRA TOP:
Now here's the fun part!
-Sequins of a coordinating color
-Anything else you creative people can think of
-Small sand dollar
-shells of various sizes
Glue the (dried) starfish to the earring backs
*They don't talk to you like they did in the movie Aquamarine :c
Pierce the needle through the shells and string them along some of hemp rope to make an anklet or bracelet.
*Be very careful, it's harder than it sounds!
FOR THE TAIL:
-A large or XL green mens shirt
-A darker shiny or glittery fabric
-Braided sequin ribbon
Have someone pin it to your body in a flattering way, or do it yourself if you're that badass.
*Leave an inch or a half extra
Flip inside out and sew along the pins, making a tubular shape.
Cut the other fabric into 2 even pieces.
Flip tube right side out now
Clean up the raw edges on the top
Sew/glue the braided sequin ribbon to the top of the skirt to complemnt the darker bottom.