Boutique Baking by Peggy Porschen
Pretty pastel-coloured mini meringues are simple and yet so adorable; ?they add a lovely touch to a table for any occasion. displayed ?in chic candy jars, They look delicious. WITH a very long shelf life, ?theY are the perfect gift when wrapped in cellophane bags. ?Makes approximately 100 meringues
BOUTIQUE BAKING by PEGGY PORSCHEN, published by Quadrille (£20, hardback). Photos ©GEORGIA GLYNN SMITH
- Key West Witch favorited Meringue Kisses 26 Jun 22:18
- Luna D. favorited Meringue Kisses 25 Apr 06:00
- Aimee H. added Meringue Kisses to Cooking 24 Apr 18:20
- Loki_Doki favorited Meringue Kisses 08 Mar 06:12
- Alecia B. favorited Meringue Kisses 23 Aug 06:53
- Bonnie B. added Meringue Kisses to Omnomnom 19 Feb 13:15
- Marina G. favorited Meringue Kisses 04 Jan 00:11
- Grace O. favorited Meringue Kisses 28 Aug 00:08
- bemeself favorited Meringue Kisses 25 Aug 10:25
- kiki94 favorited Meringue Kisses 12 Aug 18:00
Preheat the oven to 80°C/gas mark ¼. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt into the bowl of an electric mixer and start whisking at high speed. Make sure that the bowl is entirely grease-free before you start, otherwise the egg whites will not whip up properly.
As the egg whites are stiffening, slowly sprinkle the caster sugar into the mix. Stop whisking as the meringue becomes stiffer and glossy; be careful not to overwhisk the mixture.
Add the vanilla extract and slowly fold the icing sugar into the meringue mixture using a rubber spatula.
Separate the meringue mix into three equal parts; keep the first white, mix the second with pink liquid food colour to a pastel pink shade and the third with blue and yellow liquid food colour for a pastel aqua shade.
Place a star nozzle in each of the piping bags then fill each one with a different coloured meringue mixture. Pipe little rosettes onto the baking trays lined with greaseproof paper.
Place the meringues in the preheated oven for between 2–3 hours or until they have fully dried out.
Stored in a dry, airtight container, these mini meringue kisses can last for up to 3 months.