Use up your fabric stash to make this wavy pillow top.
Sew together strips of fabric from your favorite fabric jelly roll or your fabric stash, to make this three-dimensional wavy pillow top.
- memory_20lane_20pattern_20revised.pdf 5.69 MB [ Download ]
- kah728 added Memory Lane Pillow Top to Sewing 04 Oct 11:20
- Kim.Marie favorited Memory Lane Pillow Top 13 Aug 02:38
- Franky F. favorited Memory Lane Pillow Top 05 May 11:19
- Hester A. favorited Memory Lane Pillow Top 25 Apr 17:04
- Penny F. added Memory Lane Pillow Top to decorating ideas 21 Apr 22:14
- dianna.saraceni added Memory Lane Pillow Top to Travel 19 Apr 03:59
- dollpies favorited Memory Lane Pillow Top 18 Apr 03:48
- Karen R. published her project Memory Lane Pillow Top 10 Feb 20:13
Pin - Starting with the first strip, find the middle line just made and pin the first seam in the middle facing down. Pin the seam to the left and the seam to the right facing up, then alternate pinning the rest of the seams up and down to create a "wave."
On the next strip, alternate the direction you pinned to create a "wave" and continue pinning the rest of the seams. On the side seams, pin in the same direction as the nearest vertical seam.
Sew across all layers and seams following the vertical lines.
The edges of the pillow top may be slightly uneven after sewing the strips together. Cut off the uneven edges and cut the pillow top and pillow back so they are 21" x 21". (Or as close to this measurement as you can get.)
Pin together front to back with right sides together. Using 1/2" seam, sew around 3 edges. On the fourth side, leave a 10" opening to insert the pillow form. Insert the pillow and hand stitch the opening closed.