Mario Mushroom iPod covers
This is an iPod cover i made last year after i saw a star shaped iPod nano cover. I have an 80G iPod which would never have fitted in the cute wee star so i had to come up with something else. This is the end result, i've since made two more red mushrooms and one green for friends.
Added pictures of the 1-Up and Purple Poison mushrooms!
- WisPa favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 13 Oct 05:59
- Jessica N. favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 08 May 21:31
- mmotse03 favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 14 Apr 10:38
- Jessica H. added Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy to Want to make 13 Mar 21:31
- Joy A. added Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy to Felt 05 Feb 06:08
- Angela T. added Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy to List 26 Sep 14:33
- Abnormal Abby added Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy to Other 11 Jun 17:29
- Kyara S. favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 14 Apr 13:47
- elarablair favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 23 Feb 18:38
- PuddyTat favorited Mario Mushroom I Pod Cozy 28 Dec 16:43
Cut out shapes from the felt as
White Felt - Two mushrooms, one
rectangle to cover iPod, one circle
and four half circles.
Red Felt - Top of mushroom, two
rectangles with rounded tops for back
It's easiest to sketch out the shape of the mushroom on a bit of paper first and draw round it on the felt. Make sure you make it slightly bigger than the width of your iPod to make sure the iPod fits in.
Sew two poppers on to the top of the inside rectangle, both sides so you iPod will be secure and not fall out. Also sew poppers onto the outside of the white back mushroom and one piece of rounded red rectangle, which will make up the panel that flips up to cover your iPod screen. A white or red thread can be used for this.
Pin the front and back mushrooms together. Stitch around the edges of the mushrooms using the blanket stitch. Making sure to leave the top open for your iPod to go in, Sew the front of the mushroom to the front of the inside section and the back white mushroom to the back of the inside panel.