Cardigan clips, sweater guards, collar clips… call them what you like, anyone can make a pair: here's how!
Cardigan clips, sweater guards, collar clips… call them what you like, they’re popping up all over the place. As well as acting much like a necklace they can also be used to keep pesky unbuttoned cardigans from flying open and are particularly useful for adorning winter coats. With just two clips and a small length of chain they are ridiculously easy to customise, and no one else will have anything like it.
- VillainousNinja added Make Your Own Cardigan Clips to Jewelry/Accessory 23 May 01:54
- Peron e. favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 13 Jul 06:53
- Cremon d. favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 13 Jul 06:11
- Elroker G. favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 05 Jul 09:51
- Alecia B. favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 01 Jul 09:22
- ModernXDayXVaudevillian favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 09 May 01:49
- ModernXDayXVaudevillian added Make Your Own Cardigan Clips to To-make list 09 May 01:49
- Alyssa D. favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 17 Jan 23:31
- Bansheewolf favorited Make Your Own Cardigan Clips 15 Oct 02:17
- r.banks.photography added Make Your Own Cardigan Clips to DIY 30 Jun 08:35
If you’re using something that doesn’t already have a mechanism for attaching on the back, then glue a brooch back into it and you’re good to go. For the chain I’ve used a bracelet because it already has a jump ring on end and a handy clasp on the other but any chain will work if you add jump rings.
Prepare your clips. This is where you should make sure your clips have something that your chain can attach to, and if it doesn’t glue a jump ring to the back of your clip. If you’re using stud closure earrings then you may want to shorten the post so that it doesn’t poke you in the chest while you wear it.
Add the chain. Choose the length of chain you want to use, by measuring it on what you want to wear it with. Attach the chain, this may sound vague but no two clips will be the same so the method of attaching will depend on the clips you’re using. If you want to make the chain a permanent feature you can glue the chain straight to the back of the clips.