An easy and effective way that enables the use of virtually any image!
***Plastic Cameos and pinbacks can easily be found on Ebay or Etsy for a relatively cheap price.
***Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy was bought from Hobby Lobby
***Clear Acrylic Spray Paint was bought from Walmart
- - -
Other examples have been included.
- Marjorie D. favorited WORKING WITH RESIN: Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 15 Jun 17:59
- Emma H. favorited WORKING WITH RESIN: Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 05 Jul 15:09
- Sarah W. favorited WORKING WITH RESIN: Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 21 Jan 00:38
- Eleanor favorited WORKING WITH RESIN: Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 19 Jan 18:22
- melinda.meh added Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch to jjd;laskjl;fkdj 10 Sep 09:57
- Jessica A. favorited Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 15 May 01:42
- DocDoolittle favorited Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 17 Feb 21:18
- MandyCip_93 favorited Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 22 Dec 19:08
- Libby W. favorited Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 20 Dec 11:25
- Barbara M. favorited Make The Perfect Cameo Brooch 14 Nov 04:16
Print your image. Cut it out with your SCISSORS, but do not size down further just yet.
Now place your image over the cameo and firmly push down on your image.
During this time you can move your image around and figure out what position you want it to be in.
I enjoy odd compositions so I decided to focus on this part of my artwork.
*****As your press down the Mod Podge keeps the image in place and creates a visible outline where the center of the cameo will be. This gives you an easy guide and shows where you need to cut with your exacto knife.
Now proceed to cutting around your image. Carefully tearing the excess paper away from the cameo.
******This is seriously the most important part of the project. If you skip it, the printer ink will bleed and ruin the whole brooch.
After you have carefully extracted the excess paper from the cameo, your next step will be to seal it completely.
***With your CLEAR ACRYLIC SPRAY PAINT, spray your cameo LIGHTLY from at least one foot away from the cameo. Do not use it at close range or continuously spray it. This will cause the ink to bleed.
Let it dry. Then Spray again.
***After the clear acrylic spray paint has completely dried. Use a small paint brush and to paint a THIN layer of Mod Podge over your image. Wait for the Mod Podge to completely dry, then repeat the process again.
Remember to always use a thin layer of Mod Podge or it won't dry clear.