Make Do and Mend yourself a cute bangle!
I bought the resin jewellery making supplies from http://www.penny-dog.co.uk/ and the actually project was inspired by these two products:
You can buy your resin making supplies from the penny dog site of if you live in the USA you should check out Resin Obsessions website.
I learnt how to use resin with Penny Dog's e-book but she didn't have a tutorial for this particular bangle. I can't recommend her e-book highly enough it is great for beginners!
- KozmicBlues added Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. to Anti-aburriment 18 Jan 15:51
- zoegirl221 favorited Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. 21 Sep 17:21
- eFenuska added Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. to Really Must have 09 May 18:56
- eFenuska added Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. to Jewelry and Accessories 09 May 18:55
- Marakyo favorited Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. 20 Mar 21:17
- Kianna N. added Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. to Jewelry 28 Feb 12:38
- Shannon favorited Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. 01 Jan 03:03
- johanne.tyrerparrish added Make Do And Mend Resin Bangle. to Resin 12 Nov 10:05
Sorry I stopped taking pics at this point because resin and my camera is not worth risking!
So I then waited for the resin to rest for a couple of minutes placed the bang of paper into the bangle mould and poured.
You then need to carefully check the mould for air bubbles etc. and try to move them out, dissipate them etc.
Some are unavoidable but if there are large ones in the mould you can use lolly stick etc. to move them about and bring them to the surface.
Then I left the resin to set for approximately 12 hours removed it and gave it a gentle sanding with fine sand paper and a buffer.
You then need to add a thin layer of car lacquer if you want to add a glossy shiny coating on your piece.
If you want to see more of my works in resin I will be adding them to my site: