Make an easy skirt
This tutorial shows you how to make a skirt from just some elastic and 1 metre of fabric.
- Rhonda G. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 12 Sep 05:16
- Janay S. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 20 Apr 18:16
- Natasha F. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 25 Apr 18:46
- lilkitten2000 added Make An Easy Skirt to gonna make 06 Aug 12:28
- Barjaa B. added Make An Easy Skirt to DIYS 27 Jun 20:07
- Tracy J. added Make An Easy Skirt to Dress / Skirt 10 Apr 20:15
- Jennifer J. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 21 Jan 21:35
- Annie S. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 31 Dec 00:18
- Ariel S. favorited Make An Easy Skirt 26 Aug 00:55
- Buttercup favorited Make An Easy Skirt 23 Aug 00:01
1.Measure your waist (or wherever you want the skirt to sit) and cut your elastic to this length plus an inch for sewing.
2.Cutting your fabric- double you waist measurement, this will be the width of your fabric and measure from your waist to where you want the skirt to come to, then add 3 inches for waist and hemming.
8. Hem the bottom of your skirt and you are finished! :)
You can obviously make your skirt fuller by having a wider piece of fabric, or narrower by having less and you can make this to any length from short right up to a maxi skirt. The measurements used in this tutorial will make a skirt like the one above, I have also made this skirt in lace, check out the post here and I will no doubt be making more, a nice quick sew.
Check out more makes and sewing on my blog: