Magazine, bag, recycled, green, fashion
I made this magazine bag. It`s really cool and uniqe. My girlfrend loves it. It`s a great way to recycle old magazines and create something beautiful and it`s also very cheap. The tehniqe of folding and weawing is the same like when you make candy wrapper purse but here you don`t close your links in circle. Also the bag is water-proofed. Bags who are made based on this tehniqe can last a couple of years. The pictures of how to maybe a little bit confusing becouse i made this bags all the time and i use different pictures of different bags to explain the basic tehniqe of making this.
- Joe Newton favorited Magazine Bag 23 Oct 06:29
- julietierney14 added Magazine Bag to Upcycled Magazine Projects 21 Sep 20:02
- julietierney14 favorited Magazine Bag 21 Sep 20:02
- Alecia B. favorited Magazine Bag 01 Jul 06:30
- Krista B. favorited Magazine Bag 01 Feb 17:32
- Lisa L. favorited Magazine Bag 13 Nov 08:40
- kittybadass5 c. added Magazine Bag to To-make list 09 Jun 06:56
- Antonia F. favorited Magazine Bag 15 Apr 11:49
- DysfunktionDesign favorited Magazine Bag 22 Feb 02:07
- MandyCip_93 favorited Magazine Bag 22 Nov 10:32
Cut your magazines. The size of the rectangles is 14.4x6.4cm. For this bag you will be needed about 456 peices of paper. I know, this job is very borring :(
Now you can start folding your rectangles. The folding is the same like you are making candy wrapper bag. Dandy Lion explined the tehniqe of folding here. This link is from her how to
When you finish folding you can start making chains. Make 10 chains, they should be 36 links long. Also make 8 chains of 12 links long. The longer chains will be fronts and a bottom of the purse and the small one will be a side of the purse. Don`t close your links like when you are making candy wrapper bag,it should be open. On the picture you can see 5 chains ready for sewing.
Now you can sew your chains. The sewing goes at the same way like Dandy Lion explined the tehniqe of sewing. When you finish sewing long links they should look like mine on the picture. Repeat sewing with the short links by sewing 2 parts of 4 chains. That 2 pecies will be the side of the purse.