The romantic, aromatic Libertine cocktail.
The romantic, aromatic Libertine cocktail, created by Charles Joly at the Chicago cocktail den The Drawing Room, is festive on its own, but you can up the ante by subbing sparkling wine for the Gewürztraminer.
Sparkling Gewürztraminer is a great choice if you can find it, or try another semi-sweet, floral sparkler like Moscato d’Asti. Whichever way you make it, don’t forget to vamp it with some blood-red rose petals. Twilight Eclipse DVD optional!
Makes 1 drink
© 2019 Kate Simon / Chronicle Books · Reproduced with permission.
- Crafterella added Libertine to Valentine's Gifts 06 Dec 00:36
- Layne H. favorited Libertine 28 Sep 03:24
- Zombie Babe favorited Libertine 22 Sep 06:42
- Grimgirl101 favorited Libertine 20 Jun 23:07
- Amanda B. favorited Libertine 02 Jun 23:36
- Millie H. added Libertine to Food and drink 20 Mar 22:30
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) added Libertine to Drink Recipes 18 Feb 02:24
- Malibu C. added Libertine to Alc drinks 03 Feb 19:45
- pink favorited Libertine 04 Oct 03:47
- SabrinaPanKakes favorited Libertine 28 Sep 05:07
You Will Need
Fill a stemmed glass with ice. In a shaker, combine the absinthe, Gewürztraminer, 1 ounce vermouth, lime juice, and simple syrup and shake with ice until chilled. (NOTE: If using sparkling wine, leave it out of the shaker and instead pour it gently into the cocktail glass.) Discard the ice from the stemmed glass, shaking out excess water. Strain the contents of the shaker into the chilled glass. Top with the 3 drops vermouth and the orange flower water. Garnish.