About

Cost
$ $ $ $ $
Difficulty
• • • • •
Time
1h30

deep filled pizza pie
A lovely warming winter pie that can be enjoyed both hot and cold

Posted by Kt Bing from Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom • Published See Kt Bing's 56 projects »
PrintEmbed
  • How to cook a pizza pie. L'englaise Pizza Pie - Step 1
    Step 1

    pre heat oven to 200c. roll out your pastry and live a springform tin, leave some pastry for the topping.
    Take your bacon and cut into 1cm pieces, then fry with the pork until lightly browned

  • How to cook a pizza pie. L'englaise Pizza Pie - Step 2
    Step 2

    Cool your pork and bacon mix in a large bowl.
    Dice the onion and garlic and grate the cheddar cheese. Drain your cottage cheese and leave to one side.

  • Step 3

    once the pork and bacon mix is cooled, add the onion, garlic, cheese, cottage cheese and mix. Gently crack and mix the 2 eggs in a seperate bowl and add 90% of the eggs to your pork mix. The remaining 10% will be used to glaze your pie.

  • Step 4

    Take your springform tin, lined with pastry and fill with your eggy pork mix, flatten down and smootht he top. Take your remaining bit of pastry and roll into a cirlce and lie on top of your pie. Crimp the pieces of pastry together with your fingers and glaze with the remainder of your egg mix

  • How to cook a pizza pie. L'englaise Pizza Pie - Step 5
    Step 5

    Bake for 10 minutes at 200c then turn the oven down to 180c and bake for a further 45 minutes.

    Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes, then cut and enjoy!

Made this project? Share your version »

Comments