The Breakfast Book
These pancakes are simply made for sharing. Keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve.
- Emma H. favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 18 May 11:59
- The Domestic Goddess in Training added Lemon Ricotta Pancakes to Food 04 May 02:06
- Emo Chick favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 11 Mar 21:27
- arina m. favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 08 Jan 22:39
- Shantelle t. added Lemon Ricotta Pancakes to food!! 08 Dec 07:22
- Christine Therese-Anne favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 24 Nov 06:05
- Hello Sweet Taco favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 08 Sep 10:59
- Suzi T. favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 31 Jul 15:52
- Cindy B. favorited Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 27 Jul 20:49
- jade.owen.338 added Lemon Ricotta Pancakes to Other food 21 Jul 16:52
Preheat the oven to 120°C / 250°F / Gas Mark ½.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, ricotta and lemon zest. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended; there may be a few lumps.
In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold the egg whites into the batter until just blended.
Place a large griddle or frying pan over a medium heat until hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle and immediately evaporate.
Brush the griddle or pan with some of the melted butter. Put one ladleful of the batter into the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, the edges start to look dry and the bottoms golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Carefully turn the pancake over and cook until lightly browned on the other side, about 1½ minutes.
Transfer to an ovenproof platter and place in the oven to keep warm. Do not cover or your pancakes will get soggy! Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make about 16 pancakes.
Serve with the raspberries, and sprinkled with sugar, if desired.