Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Yields approx 2 pints / 1 quart
"This ice cream is exactly what you’d hope it to be - it’s all the flavour of a poppy seed muffin in the form of ice cream! It's dairy-free, vegan, paleo-friendly and free from refined sugars."
*variation: swap poppy seeds for chia seeds to add a superfood boost to this ice cream
- dean -. favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 19 Apr 01:48
- Anna S. favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 01 Apr 12:17
- Katy favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 23 Mar 23:45
- KelliDroze added Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream to Sweet 21 Mar 02:44
- Suzi T. favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 09 Mar 21:32
- Kelsey G. favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 09 Mar 17:17
- ale_corason favorited Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 09 Mar 07:09
- Aimee R. published her project Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Ice Cream 11 Feb 20:36
Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside.
Pour the rest of the coconut milk into a blender with the lemon zest and juice and the maple syrup. Blend until smooth then pour into a saucepan.
Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately stir in the arrowroot mixture and the turmeric, for a boost of yellow colouring. Lower the heat and stir for a couple of minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and alcohol.
Chill in the fridge until cold, then churn. During churning, add the poppy seeds.
When the ice cream has churned, transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.