MasterChef Cookery Course
Here, chocolate pastry encases a creamy citrus filling. Be sure the dough is evenly mixed so there are no dark streaks to spoil the appearance.
© 2019 MasterChef / DK Books · Reproduced with permission. · MasterChef Cookery Course, published by DK, £26, dk.com
- Emo Chick favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 28 May 18:03
- Emma H. favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 18 May 12:57
- aneniine favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 27 Mar 10:48
- ale_corason favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 25 Feb 08:09
- rouge s. added Lemon And Lime Tart to Food 30 Nov 20:55
- rouge s. favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 30 Nov 20:55
- infAMY favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 23 Jul 23:00
- Kaiulani W. favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 10 Jul 00:50
- dalekordancer favorited Lemon And Lime Tart 28 Jun 00:20
- jade.owen.338 added Lemon And Lime Tart to Other food 27 Jun 18:47
Sift the flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into
a mixing bowl. add the butter and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. add 1–2 tbsp iced water to bind, then gather the mixture into a dough. Knead briefly to mix. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Roll out the
pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm (8in) round loose-bottomed tart tin. Line the pastry case with baking parchment, then fill with ceramic baking beans. Bake “blind” for 15 minutes (see p272). Lift out the beans and paper. Set the tart case aside. Turn the oven down to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3).
Put the eggs and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer until pale and creamy. add the cream and the lemon and lime zests and juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the tart case and smooth the top. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the filling is set. allow to cool to room temperature before unmoulding to serve.
To remove the zest (the coloured outer part of citrus peel), use the fine holes on a grater, running the fruit diagonally across the surface rather than vertically; or try a special citrus zester, which takes thread-like strips.