For costume use:)
This is based on the holster Alice has on the fornt of her harness in Resident Evil - Afterlife. The last pic shows a red version of that harness I made to order.
I made a couple more holsters, one each hand, to try them out on a belt and thigh strap mount and they work great :D Best thing is since they mount onto the harness via Chicago screws you can remount them from harness to belt loop quite easily for multiple costumes.
Added a couple of 'action' shots :)
- Missing file
- Bette C. favorited Leather Holster 09 Nov 23:22
- kzk favorited Leather Holster 30 Nov 05:11
- Emma H. favorited Leather Holster 06 Nov 21:30
- Genesis G. favorited Leather Holster 28 Jul 08:23
- Savannah A. favorited Leather Holster 16 Jul 10:51
- Carrie B. added Leather Holster to Accessories 08 Jun 23:03
- choco s. favorited Leather Holster 09 Dec 23:46
- Laouen favorited Leather Holster 07 Dec 20:40
- Falene M. favorited Leather Holster 16 Sep 03:03
- Shannon M. favorited Leather Holster 09 Sep 19:11
With the riveting done and the stud installed I then sewed the side up on my trusty hand-cranked leather sewing machine. It can easily be done by hand though using an awl to make the holes and a blunt needle with waxed thread.
Shown in the pic with the plastic gun installed and retaining strap in place over the button stud. The best way to get the holes right on the strap is leave them to the end and put the gun in. Pull the strap over and mark where it goes over the stud. You want the hole to be a little smaller than the top of the stud. A small cut from the hole back along the strap, no more than 5mm, and you're done :)