Stylish wrist warmers to keep your hands nice and toasty!
These wrist warmers are great for brisk fall days! They add a pop of color and texture to any outfit!
Quilted Lattice Stitch Pattern:
- row one: purl
- row two: k2, *yarn to front, sl5, yarn to back, k1, rep from * to last st, k1.
- row three: purl
- row four: k4, *knit next stitch under hanging yarn from second row, k5, rep from * to last 4 st, k4
- row five: purl
- row six: k1, yarn to front, sl3, *k1, yarn to front, sl5, yarn to back rep from * to last 5 st, k1, yarn to front, sl3, k1
- row seven: purl
- row eight: k1, *knit next stitch under hanging yarn from sixth row, k5, rep from * to last st, k1
- Cast on number of stitches necessary to fit securely around your wrist. The number of stitches needs to be a multiple of six. For my wrist-warmers, I cast on 36 stitches using the 1X1 Rib Cast On method. This is optional, but it makes the cast on more flexible.
- Work 1X1 ribbing for 7 rows.
- Knit across, working in 3 decrease stitches evenly across the row. I used this website to determine where to put my decreases.
- Work in quilted lattice stitch pattern until piece is large enough to fit your hand.
- Knit bind off.
- With right sides together, sew up the side of each wrist warmer, leaving a 2 in. hole for your thumb.
- Optional: Using crochet hook, evenly work 20 sc around each thumb hole. This is not necessary, but it gives it a nice finished look.
- Weave in ends.