A form-fitting masquerade mask!
I forgot to take pictures during the process so i currently dont have step by step pictures, but if i end up making another mask (which theres a high probability of) i will post step by step picture.
By the way I went to JoAnns and it was really difficult to find the plaster cloth because I thought it would be in the specific mask-making section. It is in fact in the clay isle for whatever reason, and its in a small plastic back all rolled up like a roll of tape.
- Heather H. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 11 Mar 06:18
- Kichiru favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 18 May 18:04
- Rosalie E. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 19 Feb 14:48
- harley r. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 15 Feb 22:14
- Jessica D. added Lacey Masquerade Mask to face 04 Jan 05:58
- TARA R. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 04 Jan 00:54
- effy.kingly favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 08 Dec 14:38
- Ambur R. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 11 Nov 06:51
- rouge s. favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 07 Nov 02:55
- ktull329 favorited Lacey Masquerade Mask 20 Oct 05:31
Draw your mask design on your face, then cover skin with vaseline so the mask doesnt stick to anything. (especially put alot on your hairline)
Cut plaster cloth into strips of all sizes.
One by one dip plaster cloth into a bowl of water and press to your face within the lines of your mask design. (its best to do this in front of a mirror)
repeat step 3 until there are two-three layers of plaster all over. Then wait about 15-20 minutes for it to dry. (the more layers, the longer it takes)
Once dry, take the mask off of your face and set it out to completely dry. (I waited overnight) And make sure you clean the vaseline off, because it may keep your mask from drying.
Now that your mask is 100% dry, DECORATE! I spraypainted mine silver, then glued a layer of lace on, and put fabric glue around the edges. Then I glued on an assortment of feathers and a plastic costume jewel. And Voila! You can add a dowel or ribbon to hold your mask on, but i prefer latex glue to hold it on:)