Make your own jewelry hanger with wood and drawer knobs!
Follow this tutorial to make a jewelry hanger with drawer knobs to hang on your wall and store your favorite necklaces.
- Bek S. favorited Knobbed Wooden Jewelry Hanger 03 Aug 02:46
- christinabw added Knobbed Wooden Jewelry Hanger to DIY The Room: New Girl 10 Oct 01:27
- Alternativelychiic added Knobbed Wooden Jewelry Hanger to My Dream Home 20 Mar 05:15
- PixieFey added Knobbed Wooden Jewelry Hanger to Around The Home 30 May 01:03
- Holly W. published her project Knobbed Wooden Jewelry Hanger 29 May 16:28
Stain the top and sides of the wood by dipping the paper towel or cloth into the stain and wiping it on the wood until it is evenly colored. Add another coat to reach your desired coloring. Let dry completely before moving on.
Using a ruler and pencil, mark every four inches in the middle of the wood where the knobs will go. Drill into the marks so that you have a hole that goes all the way through the wood.
Measure about a half-inch down and four inches in, and mark with a pencil. Use these marks as the starting point for nailing down small frame hanging hardware with a hammer. Make sure the nails you use are very short, as you don’t want them going all the way through the wood.
Once nailed in and secure, the piece is ready to hang. The drawer knobs will remain very intact, so you can hang even slightly heavier necklaces. Hang it on the wall with your necklaces, and you’ll never have to dig through a pile of tangled jewelry again!