a cute, fuzzy friend full of wisdom
Inspired by this little guy over on instructables (http://www.instructables.com/id/Oden-the-owl/) I made a plushie for my neice for her 1st birthday and she loved it! However, I completely forgot to take pictures before it got covered in drool, so please bear with me. The picture shown is of the crocheted owl, so your will look a slightly different, though not by much.
- PilotMomma added Knitted Owl Plushie to Amigurumi 10 Apr 19:55
- PilotMomma favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 10 Apr 19:55
- Aurelie L. added Knitted Owl Plushie to Porte-Clef 14 Mar 22:31
- Maemi.Gojo added Knitted Owl Plushie to Crochet 02 Jun 07:13
- lilyjynx favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 24 May 09:24
- maya.magana added Knitted Owl Plushie to OWL 27 Apr 21:49
- Chelsea G. favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 04 Apr 14:24
- Serenity J. favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 07 Sep 02:14
- Knitty Nora favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 14 Jul 20:43
- swestrope favorited Knitted Owl Plushie 03 Jul 05:00
KNIT THE BODY:
Cast on 6 st using body color (I used an orange-ish brown)
Kfb to end (12)
[K1, kfb] to end (18)
Kfb, p2] to end (24)
Kfb, p3] to end (30)
K 1 row
Kfb, p4] to end(36)
st st 7 rows
[P2tog, p4] to end (30)
K 1 row
P2tog, p3] to end (24)
P2tog, P2] to end (18)
K1, k2tog] to end (12)
P2tog to end (6)
Thread yarn through remaining stitches and fasten off. Use tail ends to sew down the side, remember to stuff before you close it up.
KNIT THE EYES:
Using white (or whatever color you choose for the eyes) cast on 10 stitches.
Knit 3 rows
Pass all stitches, one at a time, over first stitch. Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining stitch. Pull to tighten and sew up seam to form circle.
repeat for second eye, and sew on the pupil with black thread.
ATTACH THE EYES AND BEAK:
Sew the eyes onto the body, near the top, with sides touching. Using orange or yellow thread, stitch on a triangular shape in between the eyes, at the bottom. This is the beak.
KNIT THE WINGS:
Cast on two stitches in a color darker than the body
Row 1: K1, YO, K1
Row 2: Knit all the way across. There should now be three stitches on the needles.
Row 3: K1, YO, K1, YO, K1
Row 4: Knit all the way across.
Row 5: K1, YO, knit to last stitch, YO, knit one.
Row 6: Knit all the way across.
Continue in this pattern, repeating rows 5 and 6 until the triangle is how big you want the wings to be. I made mine small, but yours can be as big as you like. Weave in the ends.
Repeat for second wing.
ATTACH THE WINGS AND FEET:
Using a whip stitch, fasten one edge of each wing to the opposite sides of the owl's body.
To sew on the feet, towards the bottom of the owl, in the same color as the wings, sew on two feet. You should be able to use only three stitches, that look kind of like this together: \|/
Sew this twice, one on each side of the almost-bottom.
Your owl plushie is now finished!