Fairy tale charm necklace
$47 on Etsy, about $7 from the craft store. Cha-ching!
- Coreen M. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 29 Sep 11:43
- Carla B. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 21 Apr 04:29
- Sandy B. added Key To My Dreams Necklace to jewelry Creations 28 Jun 13:38
- Sandy B. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 28 Jun 13:38
- Rebecca M. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 18 Jun 03:03
- Nico Jones favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 08 Mar 05:16
- Mary Lou V. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 23 Jan 04:01
- rene c. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 16 Apr 09:08
- Sanne E. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 20 Jan 22:58
- Danielle H. favorited Key To My Dreams Necklace 07 Jan 08:43
Attach jump rings to your key charm and try it out on your chain. It took me a couple tries to get it to lay just right. If you got a chain longer than 36 inches you could attach jump rings to each end and loop the chain through those rather than having the key run along the length of the chain like I did. Actually, I think I'll make a run back to craft store and do that myself!
Vary the length of the charms by adding more jump rings. For instance, I wanted the deer to look as if it was at the base of the tree, so I added several jump rings to achieve this. Also, the acorn was rather chunky compared to the other charms, so I had to give it a little more slack to make it lay properly. You will attach these to the shaft of the key. Play around with it to get an arrangement you like! I placed the deer on the curly part of the key to space the charms out a bit more. Also, keep in mind that one end of the key may be heavier than the other, so balance it with the charms you add to ensure it stays nice and straight while wearing.