- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Key Lime Pie Marshmallows 17 Nov 22:22
- Lara L. favorited Key Lime Pie Marshmallows 01 Mar 13:57
- firstname.lastname@example.org added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to recipes 25 Aug 14:21
- Birgit added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to Dessert 06 Apr 17:02
- Adria K. favorited Key Lime Pie Marshmallows 04 Apr 06:49
- Jasinta M. added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to Sweet Tooth 30 Mar 13:51
- Malibu C. added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to Food and drinks to try 03 Feb 19:08
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to foods 26 Jan 00:32
- PanicItsTelly favorited Key Lime Pie Marshmallows 07 Nov 00:26
- laura S. added Key Lime Pie Marshmallows to Marshmallows :OO 04 Nov 15:44
You Will Need
Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
WHISK TOGETHER the gelatin, key lime juice, and cold water in a small bowl. Let it soften for 5 minutes.
?STIR TOGETHER the sugar, 1/4 cup of the corn syrup, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until the temperature reaches 240°F. Meanwhile, pour the remaining 1/4 cup corn syrup into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Microwave the gelatin on high until completely melted, about 30 seconds, and pour it into the corn syrup. Set the mixer to low and keep it running.
?WHEN THE SYRUP reaches 240°F, slowly pour it into the mixer bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 5 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 5 more minutes. Increase to the highest setting, add the vanilla and food coloring, and beat for 1 minute more. The finished marshmallow will be tripled in volume. Pour it into the prepared pan, using an offset spatula to smooth it into the corners. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over top. Let it set for 6 hours in a cool, dry place.
?Use a knife to loosen the marshmallow from the edges of the pan and invert the slab onto a work surface. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Cut it into pieces and dip the sticky edges in more crumbs, patting off the excess.