DIY a kitsch gift for your family and friends using jewels and smellies!
I bought a Jewel Candle as a gift for someone and loved the idea so much I wanted to try it out for size. You can give these as gifts for birthdays, christmas, valentines and even as a baby shower announcement. Use whatever colours you like, whatever scents and give a gift that releases more than just good smells!
- Key West Witch favorited Jewel Candle 28 Jun 11:24
- Bonnie P. favorited Jewel Candle 05 Oct 09:40
- Darryl D. favorited Jewel Candle 28 Sep 06:47
- Allan C. favorited Jewel Candle 15 Jul 11:54
- Juan T. favorited Jewel Candle 17 Jun 04:56
- Rebecca M. favorited Jewel Candle 10 Jun 17:12
- Moira A. added Jewel Candle to BOHO PARTY STYLE! 30 Apr 09:08
- Moira A. favorited Jewel Candle 30 Apr 09:08
- Evan H. favorited Jewel Candle 15 Sep 05:27
- Neal C. favorited Jewel Candle 27 Aug 06:34
Once your wax is melted, pour in to your jar a third of the way full and leave to dry. This candle layer stops your jewel parcel from being visible at the bottom of the jar.
You can stick it in the fridge to make it dry faster, and take your pan off the heat. (the wax in the pan won't cool as fast, making it perfect temperature for when we next need it). And whilst you're free pick your jewelery and wrap it carefully in a build up of cling film layers and tin foil layers.
If you've got little sealable bags your gems will be even better protected!
Once your bottom layer of wax is set, put your jewel parcel in to your candle around the centre then carefulling pour your wax on top and around it until the jar is two thirds full.
Your wick might start melting and bending so this is where your peg will come in useful to keep the wick centralised and straight.
Now you've got your very own jewel candle, scented, coloured and pretty just like you wanted.
If you're really wild you can try layering different wax colours. And if you think the way the wax has set inside the candle is unattractive then you can put a sticker or a label around the glass jar to cover it. Maybe even personalise the label a little.
Now all you've got to do is let it burn baby, burn, until your jewels are released. When you can see the jewel parcel, cautiously use tweezers to pluck it out of the wax and dump it on to a piece of scrap paper until it cools down a little. Then when you're ready unwrap your bundle and oooh sparkly!!!