5, 6, 7, 8!
this was a combination of ideas--i like nautical stuff, Victoria's Secret Pink collection, Abercrombie bags, and Juicy Couture bags (the ones with the ribbon)
this combination of ideas took me foreverrrr to find something i could use for school everyday but it goes with my uniform, and i got a lot of compliments-so here it is!
my directions are kinda confusing but if you are used to sewing you'll get the idea
you can use whatever color u like- i used navy blue, white and pink for my bag
- RareJewel favorited Jen B.Bag© 09 May 00:13
- Kay T. favorited Jen B.Bag© 24 Nov 13:46
- Kim.Marie favorited Jen B.Bag© 13 Aug 08:03
- KirbyBella added Jen B.Bag© to Bags 03 Oct 07:43
- ADRIRI favorited Jen B.Bag© 17 Aug 02:35
- Alex Poser added Jen B.Bag© to Accessories 11 Jan 05:09
- shearatt2 favorited Jen B.Bag© 15 Oct 02:25
- ManarSun favorited Jen B.Bag© 25 Aug 01:01
- choco s. favorited Jen B.Bag© 09 Aug 11:59
- almosthope favorited Jen B.Bag© 30 Jun 05:44
cut out your fabric
give yourself a 1/2 seam allowance all the way around each square and for the satin ribbon
i found a pretty sturdy fabric for the bag part, but for the ribbon part i found some crepe back satin because it's cheap and it doesn't slide as much as normal satin
the handle can be whatever length u like- just make sure u have an inch on both sides so u can sew it into your bag.
sew a seam for the top of your bag so it doesn't unravel
now weave your ribbon through, sew the handle(s) on and put in a lining and zipper-and you're done!
the purse i made was reversible- and i made a removable lining with lots of pockets that i could take out and wash
there are a lot of variations you can come up with so have fun!