I was asked to make a how to of my jeans to short jacket.
I did it without a pattern or a clear idea of what I was doing, but I tried to keep the important, any question you can ask here and I'll be glad to help!
- Fidelma B. favorited Jeans To Jacket 06 Jul 19:59
- Alma added Jeans To Jacket to Trousers to... 27 Jun 12:04
- Emma C. favorited Jeans To Jacket 04 Sep 11:14
- Julie Eifelt B. added Jeans To Jacket to Ideas to try 24 Jan 19:37
- Charley H. commented on Jeans To Jacket 20 May 15:05
- Charley H. favorited Jeans To Jacket 20 May 15:04
- Neko c. favorited Jeans To Jacket 04 Jan 18:48
- Amanda M. favorited Jeans To Jacket 31 Dec 03:36
- Kassandra R. favorited Jeans To Jacket 21 Nov 20:32
- LottaAurora favorited Jeans To Jacket 09 Oct 21:19
If you want the sleeves to be tighter do like with the red line, if they are skinny jeans you probably want to leave them as they are.
To help the jacket look better in the shoulders you should make a little cut (yellow line)
Do the same in the other leg mirrored (the shoulder side should be the longer one)
Make the holes for the arms by un-stitching in the sides!
I made the un-stitch in mine a little up (see the main image).
Remember the button will be your neck, so if they jeans are too small you might want to un-stitch a bit lower (to have the widest part of the hips matching the widest part of the shoulders).
Othewise you can put the sleeves as up or down as you want.
**You might have to un-stitch all at the end to make it fit, but I made the holes first to help me check they were at the same height.
Sew the sleeves to the holes made on the step 4.
when you are happy with the fit in the back you can check the fit under the armpit.
If it's not fitting, un-stitch, mark the fabric as desired and sew.
Now it should be fitting good!
Add the buttons like in picture 9.