Jane, neck warmer
I did not include button holes in this pattern, the buttons can easily slip through the stitches but if you insist, I say that a simple yarn over followed by a P2tog should do it)
2 ½ stitches per inch/2,5 cm or if you prefer 10 inches= 4 inches/10 cm
* *: repeat the instructions between the asterisks
- Kimya J. favorited Jane Neck Warmer 27 Feb 01:08
- srslyjc favorited Jane Neck Warmer 19 Jul 20:27
- noche-estrellada favorited Jane Neck Warmer 04 Jan 00:10
- Roxanne M. favorited Jane Neck Warmer 18 Oct 11:56
- Roxanne M. commented on Jane Neck Warmer 18 Oct 11:56
- delight n. added Jane Neck Warmer to necklace 11 Sep 06:16
Loosely cast on 47. Then follow the chart below until the neck warmer measures 12 inches/30 cm:
Row 1 (right side): P1, *K1, P3* until the last 2 sts, K1, P1
Row 2: P2, *P1, K1, P2* until the last st, P
Sewn bind off: Measure the neck warmer (make sure to stretch it out) then multiply the results by three. Break the yarn leaving the amount you've just calculated (ex: my neck warmer warns 70 cm wide so I left 210 cm when I cut the yarn). Thread the tapestry needle and then bind off using using the technique below:
Pass the needle in the fist two sts from right to left, pull the threads through.
Break off the yarn leaving 6 inches/15 cm. Weave in the ends.
Sew the buttons on the right side of the neck warmer, the first and last about half an inch (1,2 cm) from the top and bottom, and half an inch (1,2 cm) from the edge using the sewing needle and thread of if you can do it, using the left over yarn. And that's it, enjoy Miss Jane.