Rocker chic pumps!
Disclaimer: All pictures except for the Jackson Pollock inspired pumps do not belong to me
All you need are:
1. White pumps or black pumps (don't use velvet)
2. Acrylic paints of your choice ( I used black for the base, and splatter red, yellow, blue and silver)
3. A size 12 brush or tootbrush
4. A paddle pop sticks or folded paper.
- dean -. favorited Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps 11 Jun 20:08
- Pimke added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to Upcycling 03 Mar 12:50
- Elizabeth T. added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to Random Ideas 08 Jan 22:04
- Kaylie H. favorited Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps 08 Jan 05:08
- Shantelle t. added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 00:14
- Emma N. added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to Would like to do these! :D 20 Sep 10:47
- Penny F. added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to Clothing/Shoes 16 Sep 14:59
- Penny F. favorited Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps 16 Sep 14:59
- Penny F. commented on Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps 16 Sep 14:59
- Christina Sp added Jackson Pollock Inspired Pumps to Shoes 09 Sep 16:19
Do this project either outdoors or set a lot of newspaper/plastic around as it can't get really messy! Be sure to stuff the insides of the pumps with newspaper to avoid any paint splatters getting in.
1. If you're using white pumps, paint the base with black acrylic and leave to dry for about 3-5 minutes. You needn't worry about it being too wet because the beauty of acrylic paint is that it dries really fast. Tip: Make sure you're using a relatively good brush and paint quickly so that the strokes aren't too visible and you don't leave strands of brush hair. Paint the base layer by layer to avoid a bumpy surface. You make it's not important because it'll be covered by all the splatter but trust me, for a good finishing make sure you keep all these in mind!
2. After your pumps have dried, fold either an A4 sized paper 4 times (like in the picture shown) or use paddle sticks. I prefer using paper as it's much thicker.
3. Get your acrylic colours ready, you may mix it with very little water just to make the paint a little more dilute for a bigger splatter effect. Get your paper or paddle pop stick ready and bring the brush closely to the shoes and push the paper or stick from bottom to top against the brush (or use your fingers like in the picture provided)
Tip: Once again go layer by layer, you may go with red first, then let it dry, then yellow and so on and so forth.
Voila! You're done! Now you can wear your spruced up pumps anywhere! Make sure you rock it ;) If you do this tutorial, do share your awesome awesome selfies with me! I'd love to share them on my page!
Thanks guys! xoxo