STAVE-Mirror to Jewelry Display.
All the jewelry displays i've seen so far were either way(!!!) to small for my earrings and necklaces or to expensive or to big or simply not nice.
But when i saw the STAVE-mirror (the big one) at one stroll to IKEA, i instantly knew what to do.
So here's my STAVE-Mirror-with-jewelry-back.
- Sara S. favorited Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 21 Oct 18:44
- Ginger W. added Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display to Tuts I Like 17 Nov 23:09
- tiffanybsparks added Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display to organization 14 Nov 02:06
- tiffanybsparks favorited Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 14 Nov 02:05
- Kim G. added Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display to DIY Furniture 09 Aug 03:16
- Kim G. favorited Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 09 Aug 03:16
- LikeIceIsCold added Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display to awesome 18 Apr 03:28
- LikeIceIsCold favorited Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 18 Apr 03:27
- Hester A. favorited Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 06 Apr 09:28
- karsta s. published her project Ikea Stave To Jewelry Display 02 Apr 07:47
You Will Need
Decide where you want to hang your mirror and prepare your wall.
Stick the plasticfilm at the back of your mirror. This is a bit tricky since there are the metal-bars inbetween. Just work slowly and carefully - maybe get some help. Since i used marble-patterned film, bubbles and bends are not so obvious - and if you've got enough jewelry you won't see much of the back of the mirror anyways :)
Ad the hinges to the mirror according to the instructions that come with the mirror.
Roughly trim your wire and try to put the wire on your mirror. I did that alone, but i guess a third or fourth hand might be very helpfull here.
Load your staple-gun and start to staple the wire to the mirrorframe. Cut away the wire from the hinge.
When your done you COULD decorate the back of your mirror so you don't see the staples anymore. - You can also skip this step or do it later.