a knitted version of summer friendship bracelets!
to make these bracelets, you will need to know how to make an I-cord. This is a technique discovered by Elizabeth Zimmerman, and if you can believe it, the I actually stands for idiot- it’s that easy! I’ve typed up instructions below that I hope will be helpful!
- Chudames favorited I Cord Bracelets 23 Sep 20:56
- Karen D. favorited I Cord Bracelets 10 Jan 02:18
- Carmen V. favorited I Cord Bracelets 06 Dec 20:52
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited I Cord Bracelets 06 Nov 04:39
- Amber S. favorited I Cord Bracelets 10 Sep 15:37
- schwarzaoi favorited I Cord Bracelets 10 Aug 08:50
- srslyjc favorited I Cord Bracelets 19 Jul 20:32
- Miss_Fit favorited I Cord Bracelets 01 Jul 18:23
- Regina K. favorited I Cord Bracelets 01 Jul 17:59
- 02jhseaby added I Cord Bracelets to Try 18 Jun 20:41
make 3 I-cords using 3 of your yarn colors.
to make an I-cord, cast on 3 stitches and then rather than turning your work to knit, simply slide the stitches to the other end of your DPN, pull the yarn across the back of your work and knit your stitches that way. This creates a tube-like shape. Continue this until your I-cord is the length of your wrist.
Cast off and sew the ends together to create a tube.
To make the button band, CO 9 stitches in your 4th colour.
work in seed stitch for 12 rows, or until piece is long enough to wrap around your three I-cords. Cast off in pattern.
Sew the ends of your button band together around your I-cords. Then add your button, weave in the ends and you’re good to go!