Colorful felt pinwheels to make your life brighter.
Colorful felt pinwheels for your garden, balcony or home decor.
- Pimke added How To Make Felt Pinwheels. to Blumen 12 Feb 16:57
- pandanomz added How To Make Felt Pinwheels. to my list 08 Sep 14:23
- 02jhseaby added How To Make Felt Pinwheels. to Try 06 Jul 11:59
- 02jhseaby favorited How To Make Felt Pinwheels. 06 Jul 11:59
- banu added How To Make Felt Pinwheels. to Inspiring Felt Ideas to Try 05 Feb 12:56
- banu favorited How To Make Felt Pinwheels. 05 Feb 12:55
- Mignon D. favorited How To Make Felt Pinwheels. 20 Jan 22:01
- Alex B. favorited How To Make Felt Pinwheels. 25 Dec 22:23
- curious cat favorited How To Make Felt Pinwheels. 17 Dec 19:28
- Maxine M. added How To Make Felt Pinwheels. to To-make list 30 Oct 14:11
So here's what you need to make those pretty pinwheels:
- Lots of colourful felt (but you could also make them from cardboards)
- Needle and thread
- Buttons in different colors
- A hot glue gun or multi-purpose glue
- Tiny wooden rods (I used those which one normally uses as shish kebab skewer)
Cut out a rectangle of a size you like, make a cut at each of the corners of the piece of felt like in the second photo and then fold it like you can see above.
Next, use needle and thread to fix the tips and to attach them to the midde of the pinwheel.
Finally, use a hot glue gun or multi-purpose glue to attach the tiny wooden sticks to the back of the pinwheels so that you can put them into flower beds, flowerpots or stick them into the lawn (for example for a garden party, I think this would look really pretty! ;)). Afterwards, cut out a small piece of felt and glue this onto the back, too, so that it looks neat. And then you're done! :)
It is so much fun making those wheels, let me know if you try this out, too, and don't forget to share photos! :) I think this is also lots of fun for doing this with children, because it's so easy and so colorful (of course only with older children who don't hurt themselves while using the gun or while playing with the sticks... :)).