Video game craft = win #11
This DIY I’m showing you how to make a Boo Piñata!
I’m not painting my Boo with glow in the dark paint but I thought I would give you the option seeing as Halloween is just around the corner!
When choosing Glow in the Dark Paint, you want to buy one that is light in colour or transparent. If you choose one with a green or yellow tint you risk your Boo being green/yellow in the light! You want one that doesn’t show in the light, only in the dark.
- Key West Witch favorited How To: Boo Piñata 29 Jun 10:07
- Kaiulani W. favorited How To: Boo Piñata 19 Nov 06:34
- Vi F. favorited How To: Boo Piñata 23 Oct 00:47
- Teresa S. favorited How To: Boo Piñata 22 Oct 16:20
- Hello Sweet Taco added her project How To: Boo Piñata to Mario party 05 Sep 22:01
- Xion added How To: Boo Piñata to nintendo 05 Sep 19:56
- KelliDroze added How To: Boo Piñata to Halloween 30 Jul 06:53
- kiaravalentine added How To: Boo Piñata to x la casa 01 Oct 20:38
- kiaravalentine favorited How To: Boo Piñata 01 Oct 20:38
- Leigh C. favorited How To: Boo Piñata 26 May 00:56
Blow up your balloon, you can make it as big or as small as you like, I guess the bigger the better for a Piñata! Tape over the tie so the balloon is smooth.
Mix PVA in a bowl and add a little water, this will thin out the glue so it's easier to apply.
*NOTE:* If you are not using your Boo as a Piñata, mix in a couple of tablespoons of salt to your glue, This stops the paper Mache from moulding over time.
Paint 2-3 coats of glow in the dark paint over your white layers. Leave to dry.
You can test the coverage of the paint if you go into a dark room. If there are some spots that have been missed just give it another coat.
Painting the face.
Draw on the face with pencil as a guide so it’s easier to follow.
Paint the eyebrows first followed by the eyes.
Moving on to the mouth, paint an outline in light grey and fill with red. Using black, paint in the back of the mouth, then with white add the pointy pointy teeth.
Give your Boo a tongue by cutting some red/pink card or foam into a long rounded shape. Paint in the tongue grove and then carefully cut a line (using a Stanley knife or scissors) from one side of Boos mouth to the other.
Make sure the line is wide enough and push the tongue down into it. Bend the tongue back and make a crease line so it stays down
Poke two holes at the top of Boo. Cut some wire, bend it and push it through both holes. Using your pliers, twist the wire around itself to form a loop. Turn the wire upside down so the twist isn’t showing.
If using Boo as a Piñata, find some thick rope so you can hang him up!
If you want to use Boo for decoration hang him up with fishing line, fishing line is transparent so you won’t really see it and it will look like Boo is floating. Ooooo spooky.