Pesto. A classic sauce originated in Italy. Did you know it is considered a wholesome food? The basil and the pine nuts are nutrient dense ingredients, the olive oil offers needed healthy fats and the garlic provides compounds with various health benefits.
It really is amazing how delicious Pesto is. Even though it is made with a small amount of ingredients, they really do pack a punch! This is exactly why the quality of the ingredients you use matters!
* Makes around 1- 1 ½ cup of pesto sauce!
- Pimke added Homemade Pesto to Essen 03 Mar 12:56
- Luna S. added Homemade Pesto to recipes 03 Feb 19:17
- Luna S. favorited Homemade Pesto 03 Feb 19:16
- Emo Chick favorited Homemade Pesto 10 Jan 20:15
- Rachael H. added Homemade Pesto to Food 17 Dec 04:10
- Shantelle t. added Homemade Pesto to food!! 08 Dec 14:21
- Grimgirl101 favorited Homemade Pesto 20 Jun 22:04
- Chloe L. favorited Homemade Pesto 01 Jun 13:57
- Popi favorited Homemade Pesto 18 May 07:12
- Vintage_Vixen added Homemade Pesto to FOOD 21 Apr 23:03
Place skillet under medium/low heat. Once hot, add pine nuts. Be sure to stir pine nuts constantly using your wooden spoon, as they release oils quickly and might burn faster than you think (don’t let them burn!). You want the pine nuts to be toasty and brown.
Remove pine nuts from skillet and let them cool on a plate.
Plug in your food processor.
Wash your basil leaves and let them dry for a bit (they don’t have to be 100% dry).
Using your sharp knife and cutting board, chop your garlic cloves.
Place basil leaves, garlic, sea salt and olive oil in your food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until all ingredients are well incorporated. Your mixture should be smooth.
Pour mixture into a mason jar or any other storing container. Use right away or refrigerate to use in the next day or two.