Finally, be accepted into Hogwarts...
I made this for my friend who loves Harry Potter and all things Magical. (Shes a Ravenclaw)
I created 2 letters: One for the acceptance the other for equipment etc.
And i also made an 'envelope'.
Sorry the Pictures are really bad. But they were just quick ones. I promise they look better on screen :)
I made this using Photoshop but i supposed you could use Publisher or word and it would work just as well.
The Fonts for this project can be found here: http://www.mugglenet.com/downloads/fonts/
I used 'Magik''Lumos' and 'Harry Potter'
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 26 Sep 01:19
- arina m. favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 27 May 03:53
- Dark added Hogwarts Acceptance Letter to To do 20 Nov 02:06
- Angiie Poptart favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 10 Sep 09:45
- Kendell V. favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 26 Aug 21:35
- Grimgirl101 favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 22 Jun 19:39
- isobel.l favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 02 May 17:59
- isobel.l commented on Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 02 May 17:59
- Ichigo M. added Hogwarts Acceptance Letter to Harry Potter 04 Mar 02:52
- Jen T. favorited Hogwarts Acceptance Letter 23 Feb 09:00
Firstly you will need to grab your copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone and find the pages which contain all the writing on the letters.
Or just copy this: Dear (enter name),
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
This will go on your first page.
You will also need to add:Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
At the top of the letter. But this is optional.
Next make your equipment page:
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils’ clothes should carry name tags
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A Histroy of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS
ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS
You could change these if you wanted for a twist.
Finally the last step is the 'envelope' (It's not much of an envelope more a holder) You could use a real envelope if you wanted.
Add and 'address' (The Cupboard under the stairs is a little more specific if you wanted to use that. Or wherever the persons room is.)
Also add the Hogwarts crest in black and white which can easily be found using an images search.
To finish you could make the paper look old by brushing it with coffee and leaving to drip dry.