Hide a gift inside a candle!
So, I've never tried candle making before, but I finally decided to give it a go. However, "normal" candles seem so boring, and you can get them just about anywhere nowadays. To put a spin on the classic candle, I decided to hide a surprise inside, making it a perfect gift... And so, the hidden treasure candle was born! I hid a necklace in each of my candles (wrapped in tin foil to protect it), so the recipient would get not only a lovely candle, but also a little something else, making the candle that much more exciting!
Since this was my first time making a candle, I can vouch for this being a fun beginners project, and it's a great way to recycle old glasses, candles and even jewellery you want to pass on to someone else! I think this is such a fun gift, and it really motivates the recipient to actually burn the candle, rather than shoving it in the back of the cupboard in case the lights go out!
- Beth E. added Hidden Treasure Candles to You've Got Mail Inspired Room 24 Feb 22:34
- Beth E. favorited Hidden Treasure Candles 24 Feb 22:33
- Loki_Doki favorited Hidden Treasure Candles 20 Feb 22:01
- Loki_Doki commented on Hidden Treasure Candles 20 Feb 22:01
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Hidden Treasure Candles 24 Dec 21:38
- Lauren entered her project Hidden Treasure Candles to Secret Santa 23 Dec 22:12
- Lauren published her project Hidden Treasure Candles 23 Dec 20:33
See video for full instructions! :) Enjoy!