Heart shape paper basket
This cute container makes a charming holder for Valentine's Treat.
- Alissa B. favorited Heart Shaped Paper Basket 14 Feb 19:03
- Kichiru added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to Lovely things ♥ 19 May 11:52
- Kichiru added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to Really do this ! 19 May 10:57
- Cuồng P. favorited Heart Shaped Paper Basket 14 Jul 17:13
- buttercup303 added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to origami / papercraft 03 Jul 12:59
- victoria.joneskeeling added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to Origami 09 Jun 21:02
- erin.barnum.7 favorited Heart Shaped Paper Basket 14 Jan 13:43
- nenifoofer added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to Gifts 28 Dec 02:35
- Liza R. added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to To Create Oneday 07 Dec 20:03
- jannicke.attard added Heart Shaped Paper Basket to christmas 03 Dec 23:55
Cut a 3" by 11" strip of paper from a piece of colored card stock. Fold the strip in half, so that it measures 3" by 5 1/2". Repeat this step with a second color of card stock.
Lay one piece of folded card stock on the table in front of you so the fold is to your left. Lay the other folded piece of card stock on top of it at right angles, so the second card's fold is facing you. Mark a light pencil line on the bottom card along the right-hand edge of the top card (see photo).
Flip the whole thing over and mark the new bottom card along the new top card's right-hand edge in the same way.
Separate the cards and draw two pencil lines on each card lengthwise (on the side that already has the horizontal line you made in the previous), to divide it into three equal 1" by 5" strips. Starting at the fold, cut along these markings up to the horizontal line that you drew in the previous step.
Mark one arch-topped card's three strips from left to right with the letters A, B and C, and the other card's three strips with the numbers 1, 2 and 3, also reading from left to right.
With your A-B-C card in your left hand and 1-2-3 card in your right, weave strip 1 between the two layers of strip C. Then insert strip B between the layers of strip 1. Finally, slip strip 1 through strip A and slide strip 1 up the A-B-C card toward the horizontal line.
Continue weaving with strip 2: First, weave strip C through strip 2, then weave 2 through B. Next, weave strip A through strip 2.
With the last strip, 3, the weaving will be tight, and you may have to bend the paper a bit to make it work. If strip 3 simply won’t fit through, you can lengthen the slits beyond the horizontal line a little bit with a utility knife. Then weave strip 3 through strip C, strip B into strip 3 and finally strip 3 through strip A.