easy way for a new look
A few months ago I los my favourite dark green cardigan. When I couldn´t find it I bought the same one again. A few weeks later I found the first one behind my bed. Now I had two and decided to refashion one of them. Here´s what I did...
- Leia B. favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 19 Mar 23:26
- Bolaa L. favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 16 May 17:48
- bemeself favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 24 Aug 22:07
- Valerie R. favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 06 Jun 06:32
- shelly P. favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 02 Jun 22:52
- Tomato B. favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 28 Mar 03:30
- Liz W. added Heart Shaped Elbow Patches to Tops and Jackets 27 Feb 22:42
- koalala o. added Heart Shaped Elbow Patches to Fashion 16 Feb 05:23
- zombisu favorited Heart Shaped Elbow Patches 12 Feb 23:01
- Vanessa B. added Heart Shaped Elbow Patches to Jackets,Dresses, outfits 05 Feb 05:53
1. Bend your arm to see where the patch is supposed to go.
2. Cut out a heart, check whether it fits.
3. Cut your heart out of fusible web that you can iron on both sides. The one that comes with the paper. (Sorry, I don´t know the English name) I din´t have that on hand so there are some additional steps, that you won´t have to follow. (6+7)
4. Iron the fusible web harts onto the wrong side of the fabric.
5. Cut out. When your using the fusible web I suggested, you cut out along the lines of the heart. If you use any other fusible web add "seam allowance".
6. Iron the edges to the back of the heart (miss this step with the right fusible web)
7. Iron from the other side. (-/-)
8. Does the heart still fit to the elbow, than pin it carefully.
9. Use a backstich to sew on the patch.