Creative cool Halloween costumes
Unique children's costumes which are easy to make, and comfortable to put on and take off.
You Will Need
<b>The first one, strawberry costume.(pictured on left)
Supplies:</b><br /><br />
1) Foam sheet- about 1/4" thickness. Cut to fit your child. 2 pieces, one for the front, one for the back. Foam sheets usually found in the fabric section~ cushions.<br />
2) Felt- in green. To make the leaves.<br />
3) Spray paint- in red. Shake can well. Spray evenly in a well ventilated area. Allow to dry.<br />
4) Fabric paint- in black. The ones in the squeeze bottle, slick black. Turn bottom upside down. Tap on a piece of paper first to get rid of air bubbles. Gently squeeze and draw small teardrop shapes on both front piece, and back piece.<br />
5) Glue gun- to glue the green felt on the top of front piece (as shown in picture).<br />
6) Yarn. I used yarn for the shoulder straps. Braid enough
to go over your childs shoulder, and alittle extra to feed through the foam sheets. Tie knots front and back. Cut small holes on foam sheets to feed braided yarn through. Use the glue gun to glue the yarn braids to foam sheets.<br /><br />
My daughter wore red clothes underneath. It was a easy on, easy off strawberry costume.
Pizza costume.<br /><br />
Foam sheets (front and back)<br />
Felt- pepperoni, pineapples, green bell peppers, mushrooms. (whatever you like).<br />
Spray paint in brown and yellow.<br />
Yarn for shoulder straps<br />
Glue gun<br /><br />
Cut foam sheets to desired length, depending on height of child. spray with brown for the crust(bread), yellow for cheese. Cut out food shapes out of felt, use glue gun to adhere. Braided yarn straps, glue gun them into place.