pattern for a half eaten gingerbread man
Only six days until christmas and amazingly there is no furious sewing in this house. Just one more gift to make and then we’re off to Grandma’s house. There are always a couple people I forget and they are always the ones ready with a gift for me. So I thought I’d make a few ornaments to keep in my bag for those awful, awkward moments. I’m sure there are people like that in your life too: the weird cousin, the super smiley coworker. I thought I’d pass on a pattern for a gingerbread man ornament that can be whipped up quickly just in case you forgot someone. Click here to download the gingerbread man pattern and instructions. I included some pictures with the instructions below as well. If you make one let me know!
<b><u>CO+K Crafty Christmas Advent Calendar: </u></b>
Meg is a mother to three little kids and two needy dogs and wife to one wonderful man. In her vast amounts of free time she bakes and sews and just learned to crochet, so there is some of that too. All of this is chronicled in her blog, elsie marley, where everything looks crisp and clutter free and nothing gets pooped on (like in real life).</b>
- Neko-San K. favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 31 May 21:04
- Emma H. favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 28 Dec 19:32
- chelsea g. favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 27 Aug 08:00
- mmotse03 favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 29 May 15:38
- B* added Half Eaten Gingerbread Man to Inspiring Felt Ideas to Try 05 Jul 08:31
- B* favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 05 Jul 08:31
- Emily C. favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 01 Jul 03:19
- Alissa B. favorited Half Eaten Gingerbread Man 29 Mar 01:26
- Paula C. added Half Eaten Gingerbread Man to christmas 08 Dec 23:40
- Crafterella added Half Eaten Gingerbread Man to Christmas Tree Ornaments 05 Dec 20:59
for the eyes cut two small circles out of the white felt and attach them to the gingerbread man with one black french knot each. With a backstitch, sew a small circle for the mouth. Sew buttons on with white embroidery thread–to make them look like candies, sew from the button holes to the outside edge of the button. Cut pieces of mini rickrack for trim on two arms and the leg, dab all the ends with fray check, and use the glue stick to tack them down.
cut a rectangle as big as your gingerbread man out of felt. Pin your decorated man to this rectangle. Make a loop of rickrack and tuck it in between the layers on your gingerbread man’s head (to hang him from later). Stitch by machine or by hand from A to B (the long way) 1/8inch from the edge. Be sure to catch all the rickrack as you stitch.
cut off the extra felt.
stuff the little man lightly and sew up the opening.