Whether hitting the road or hitting the town, every girl needs a little pouch or two or three to carry all of life's little necessities
Whether hitting the road or hitting the town, every girl needs a little pouch or two or three to carry all of life's little necessities. Fill them up with with jewelry and makeup, your favorite art supplies or a few snacks, then throw it in your purse and you're ready for the day. Everything you need will be easy to find and readily accessible. These fun little pouches use just a few pieces of fabric and can be made very quickly. This is a great project for featuring a little swatch of fabric that you love so much but just can't figure out where to use.
One 7 inch zipper
4 pieces fabric 7.5 inches x 9 inches (2 for outside and 2 for lining)
For wrist strap (optional):
1 piece fabric 2 x 15 inches
1 piece fabric 2 x 2 inches
1 Metal Clasp
2 Sturdy 1/2 inch Jump Rings
- LulaLouise-HalfCircleZipperPouch.pdf 142 KB [ Download ]
- Kay S. added Half Circle Zippered Pouch to Bags 03 Mar 19:35
- Whitney I. favorited Half Circle Zippered Pouch 12 Aug 09:07
- Kimya J. favorited Half Circle Zippered Pouch 30 May 01:25
- jesta b. favorited Half Circle Zippered Pouch 14 Dec 02:43
- Caron K. added Half Circle Zippered Pouch to Zipper Pouches 23 Dec 08:14
- Pimke added Half Circle Zippered Pouch to Nähmuster 11 Feb 20:27
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited Half Circle Zippered Pouch 22 Nov 05:03
- pandanomz added Half Circle Zippered Pouch to my list 08 Sep 12:55
- Georgette k. favorited Half Circle Zippered Pouch 21 Jun 04:33
- Dee D. added Half Circle Zippered Pouch to bags 08 Jun 19:53
Put fabric right sides together matching lining to lining and outside fabric to outside fabric. Pin in place. Using a 1/2 inch seam allowance stitch around each half circle, starting and stopping at the zipper. Make sure to leave an opening on lining side so that you can turn the pouch right side out.
OPTIONAL: Make wrist strap
Cut one piece of fabric 2 x 15 inches. Fold in half, right sides together with short sides meeting. Stitch a 1/4 inch seam along short end. Press seam open.
Fold the strap in half lengthwise and press. Fold raw edges to center, meeting first fold and press again. Topstitch through all layers. Attach jump ring and lobster clasp to strap. Above ring, stitch wide zig zag to hold jump ring in place.