Dyed Designer Jeans on a DIY Budget
After seeing so many sublime marbled jean treatments in the fashion blogs lately, I thought... "Hey, why can't I just make my own trendi-licious grey jeans?" I did just that and it turned out to be easy and fun too.
- kaitlyn d. favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 08 Dec 00:38
- Tava favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 07 May 05:46
- Stephanie T. favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 27 Feb 03:49
- nigrummonten favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 04 Feb 03:10
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 22 Nov 18:55
- CJ W. favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 13 Nov 10:52
- sam.daniel.50 favorited Gray Marbled Jeans 24 Jul 00:17
3--Then wrap legs and top of jeans together. Note: A tighter binding will produce more white areas.
4--Soak the jeans in warm water for a few minutes. Now, cover your work surface with plastic and grab those rubber gloves. Let's mix up some dye!
5-- Mix 2 boxes of Pearl Grey dye with 1 cup of salt in 4 cups of very hot 140Ëš water. If your tap water's not hot enough, just heat some in the microwave or tea kettle.
7-- Add 1 gallon of very hot water and stir well. Immerse your wrapped, wet jeans and let set for 20 minutes. To help the dye penetrate, occasionally turn and push down with a big spoon.
8-- Lift from the dye bath and remove the rubber bands. Rinse in cool water until water runs clear. Wash in warm water with mild detergent, rinse and hang dry.