Great way to add some color to a good book!
These bookmarks are really handy and work up really quickly! They are a great way to use up leftover yarn as well!
- Begin square either by chaining five and joining with a slip stitch to make a loop or by making a magic loop. (I prefer the magic loop method, it makes your square look much neater in the end.)
- Round One: ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2dc, ch 2, [3 dc, ch2] three times, join with slip stitch in top of first ch 3. Bind off. You should have 3 shells and 4 corner spaces.
- Round two: Join next color into a ch 2 corner space with a slip stitch. Ch 3 [2dc, ch 2, 3 dc] in same space (corner made).*Ch 2, [3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc] in next ch 2 corner space. Repeat from * around. Join with slip stitch in top of first ch 3. Bind off.
- Round three: Join next color into a ch 2 space with a slip stitch. Continue working the granny square pattern. Working one shell in each ch 2 space and 2 shells in each corner space. Bind off.
- Join your three squares together. There are several ways to do this. Here are my favorite two ways:
- Hold two squares together with right sides facing. Whip stitch the two squares together.
- Join the two squares together as you work. There is a great tutorial for this here.
-Weave in the ends.