Stitch a face cloth with Sunspun Yarns
A simple knitted pattern using garter stitch and yarn overs. Made from a lovely soft cotton yarn, the bias created fabric adds more design detail. Suitable for beginner knitters.
25cm x 25cm
20 sts and 20 rows
over 10cm/4” in
yo yarn over
k2tog knit 2 together
CO cast off
- Kimya J. favorited Grandmother’s Face Washer 21 Apr 03:01
- joelle.scottmurphy favorited Grandmother’s Face Washer 22 Feb 10:43
- Alice M. added Grandmother’s Face Washer to For Me! 25 Jan 19:51
- Ec T. favorited Grandmother’s Face Washer 25 Jan 05:30
- Shop Showcase published her project Grandmother’s Face Washer 22 Jan 09:00
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: k4
Row 2: k2, yo, k all remaining sts (increase row)
Repeat increase row until you have 66 sts on the needle.
Next row: k1, k2tog, yo, k2tog, k all remaining sts (decrease row)
Repeat decrease row until 4 sts remain on the needle.
Cast off all sts.
Note This face washer is knit ‘on the bias’ - meaning that each row appears to be knitted
diagonally when the face washer is viewed as a square. Therefore, the ‘square’ shape maybe
skewed and not ‘even’. Blocking will minimise this.
To finish: wet block and ‘square up’ face washer