Simple, fun skirt that you can dress up or down. Perfect for all year round!
Originally started as a quick skirt that I needed for an Alice in Wonderland Costume...Now I wear it all the time! You can wear it with tights, with a tank top and a light cropped jacket, decorate it, tie dye it, whatever you want! Just have fun.
Also a great skirt to make if you're a beginner!
The steeper you cut the angle from waist to hem the less full the skirt will be, so if you want a fuller skirt, cut a less steep angle. Mine is pretty full.
If you want your skirt to sit higher up, use your waist measurement like I did, and if you want it lower, use your hip measurements.
- Tracy J. added Good For Anything Skirt to Dress / Skirt 27 Apr 16:50
- Alma added Good For Anything Skirt to Dresses 30 Dec 23:35
- tara.mcbride.374 favorited Good For Anything Skirt 08 Feb 09:56
- Rawrgrrism favorited Good For Anything Skirt 09 Nov 00:34
- Debi added Good For Anything Skirt to bottoms 30 Oct 05:20
- alisha l. favorited Good For Anything Skirt 05 Jul 00:42
- arielflores.vierra favorited Good For Anything Skirt 03 Apr 02:07
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Good For Anything Skirt 02 Jan 23:55
- sai j. favorited Good For Anything Skirt 18 Sep 21:13
Measure your waist for a higher-waisted skirt, or your hips for a lower waisted skirt, then from your waist or hips to the length you want your skirt.
Then take your elastic and make it the length of your hips/waist. Set aside.
Take your piece of fabric and fold it in half, then in half again.
Measure 1 inch from the top and fold it over, making a hem for the elastic waistband.
Do the same only with an 1/2 inch hem at the bottom for finishing. Pin and sew!
Remember our elastic? Now we're going to use it!
Cut a slit in the top hem large enough to put the elastic through. Attatch a safety pin to one end of the elastic and feed it through the hem until you get it all the way through. Then with a zigzag stitch on your machine or by hand, attach the two ends of elastic securely and even out your skirt. Then sew up the slit you made in the top hem.