Use odds and ends to create a personalized reminder to the person you love :)
Take some odds and ends from around the house and create a personalized reminder to the person you love :)
See my inspiration here: http://twigterrariums.com/products/gentle-reminder-female
- tiedyedowl favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 02 Jul 15:02
- Kichiru added Gentle Reminder Terrarium to Lovely things ♥ 19 May 11:51
- Kichiru added Gentle Reminder Terrarium to Really do this ! 18 May 21:03
- demetra.rickles favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 14 Jan 09:24
- Kammy entered their project Gentle Reminder Terrarium to Wander & Hunt 05 Nov 01:55
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 29 Sep 22:45
- Valerie R. favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 10 Jun 02:39
- cynthia c. favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 28 May 05:56
- thatdorkychick favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 28 Mar 23:52
- melia.person favorited Gentle Reminder Terrarium 08 Mar 05:38
Cut out a block of styrofoam and make a slit down one side of the cube. Cut a strip of cardboard the width of your character and half the height plus one inch. Glue the character to the cardboard as shown, so the extra inch sticks out at the bottom. (To be honest, I didn’t even glue the character. Just slid her feet into the cube as well and it holds up, hence glue optional.) Slide the cardboard into the slit in the styrofoam block.
Insert the character block into the glass jar (glue it down if you’d like) and carefully add your nature decorations on top. I used some pulperie I had lying around, but be creative! You can use pebbles, marbles, vase gems, or even foam peanuts. You can also paint those things before adding into the jar. For grass or moss, substitute with green confetti or shredded napkins (just ideas). If needed, use your fingers to manipulate the character to center it and the pulperie to hide the styrofoam base.
An alternative Valentine’s Day idea I had, but do not have the materials to pull off, is to turn this from a “gentle reminder” to an all-out, in-your-face one. Take pastel construction paper. Fold them in half and cut out a bunch of hearts in different colors and sizes. In the bigger hearts, write in thin red Sharpie a few compliments or inside jokes with your significant other so they resemble candy hearts. Use those as the decorations instead! I may try this when I get a chance.