save the $100 from this designer necklace, and make it yourself!
These necklaces by Brooklyn-based Gauge Inc. are 14K gold and come with a hefty price tag of $100. However, as you can see, they are totally doable for a DIY. And I'm sure your friend will love the handmade version much better!
These necklaces are super easy to make; you literally trace your handwriting with wire. Best part is you can use any color of craft wire to suit your bestie's tastes. Make one for them and one for yourself! Add charms, even, to the bottom of the f's for some sparkle maybe? Go wild!
- joathina favorited Bff Necklace 10 Feb 22:42
- Laura added Bff Necklace to Headwear + Jewelry 02 Sep 07:21
- Sammy 2020 commented on Bff Necklace 11 Oct 15:41
- Sammy 2020 favorited Bff Necklace 11 Oct 15:39
- Cora B. favorited Bff Necklace 01 Aug 03:53
- Rebecca M. favorited Bff Necklace 28 Jul 02:53
- mckenna p. added Bff Necklace to necklaces 30 Jun 17:16
- ariel z. favorited Bff Necklace 22 May 18:06
- Prisha K. commented on Bff Necklace 16 Apr 07:17
- Prisha K. favorited Bff Necklace 16 Apr 07:17
Step 2: Draw the form for your pendant. Make it look like this, or as close as you can get. The dimensions of the BFF are about 1.25" long and .75" high. Now, take a long piece of your craft wire, about a foot or so. Start at the loop above the "B". Simply curl the wire with round nose pliers to start. Then, "trace" your BFF with your wire, using your pliers and fingers to hold and bend the wire in place.
Step 4: Sharpen the "F". I squeezed the bottom of the "F" with a flat pliers to get more of a sharp arc instead of a rounded one (second pic), to match cursive writing better. Then, when you've reached the end of the last "F", cut the wire with a little more than .25" to spare (last pic). Make a finishing loop with this excess.