Hot damn another how-to
Twas bored...So I drew out a how to...have fun homies.
If you make one make sure you post a version, I'd like to see some other ones.
As always questions and comments are always welcome, I do check back often so have at.
- doll.hart1 added From Old Band Shirt Take Two to clothing 04 Nov 05:44
- Markee R. added From Old Band Shirt Take Two to Blondie 06 Apr 16:08
- WorrisomeMe favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 24 Dec 01:18
- Sasha A. added From Old Band Shirt Take Two to Tops 01 Feb 01:17
- Sasha A. favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 01 Feb 01:17
- effy.kingly favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 08 Dec 14:44
- Amanda M. favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 03 Aug 02:43
- Teresa C. favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 27 Jul 00:13
- kels.sapp favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 26 Jul 18:21
- Kristen P. favorited From Old Band Shirt Take Two 01 Jul 07:46
Place another well fitting t-shirt on top of it and fold your sleeves over, but make sure that everything keeps its shape. When I resize a medium shirt I like to keep it at its original length so I don't have to redo the bottom hem or anything so I just continue the lines out and keep the curve going. Mark it and cut it, but don't forget your seam allowances. I tend to forget those sometimes.....
You can cut open your shoulder seams at this point, you don't really have to but it makes it a little bit easier later on.
Take the front and back pieces. Line them up with right sides together and zig zag up the sides.
Now come the trickiest part of the whole thing...which isn't really tricky at all. Cut yourself a good length of ribbon, its going to need to goo around your back all the way up and around your neck with enough space to tie. I made my super long because I like to have the ribbons hanging down my back. I used a really thick ribbon, somewhere around 2 inches...crazy thick.
Find the center of the back of your shirt and the center of the length of ribbon and match them up fold the ribbon over the edge of shirt along the red lines. Pin it across the back and straight up covering all of your raw edges. I didn't really know how to draw this really but I tried.
Your ribbon should be folded and pinned along the top raw edges of your shirt. Leaving the finished edge from step 5ive untouched. Simply sew along it...careful though, if you mess up it'll ruin your ribbon. I made a second one of these in black and I messed up and I completely ruined my ribbon and had to cut an all new length AND it was a bitch getting it off of there.
There you go you should be done and it should look something like this. It wears nicely except the ribbon doesn't stretch. It kinda cuts into me a little bit. really isn't bad though, I'm thinking of making a new version of this, but instead of ribbon using the scraps of t-shirt so there's a little give to it. Either way it is an awesomely comfy shirt and I get tons of compliments on it. So there you go enjoy the happiness..