French onion soup recipe
I can't let a single winter pass without making soupe a l'oignon au fromage or "French onion soup." It's so warm and comforting and complete. It reminds me of my French-Canadian grandmother who loved the stuff and ate it nearly everyday when we went to Paris together when I was 14. It also makes me think of this scene in the sixth Harry Potter book where Harry arrives at The Burrow in the middle of the night (The Burrow being the coziest place imaginable) and Molly Weasley pours him some steaming onion soup.
- Rebecca C. favorited French Onion Soup 13 Jul 06:34
- tmissy76 added French Onion Soup to soup 09 Apr 08:12
- ktull329 favorited French Onion Soup 04 Nov 04:14
- LynnieAttackedByWeather added French Onion Soup to Food 04 Sep 19:40
- Grace O. favorited French Onion Soup 18 Jul 04:10
- Tam R. favorited French Onion Soup 21 Apr 06:02
- gfordiani added French Onion Soup to food 22 Feb 21:08
- Emma S. added French Onion Soup to Food 06 Feb 07:51
- Lauren J. favorited French Onion Soup 05 Feb 22:51
- CrowsFallow favorited French Onion Soup 23 Jan 06:46
You Will Need
Add flour, stir, continue cooking a few more minutes.
Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.
Ladle equal amounts into ceramic ramekins or oven-safe bowls.
Serve by placing the hot ramekins on small room-tempurature plates. Enjoy!