• Finished size: 8˝ × 54˝ •
Do you have a fox or mink stole that belonged to your grandmother? They used to circle the neck and the mouth clipped onto the tail. It looked like it was biting its own tail! Now we have faux fur that looks just like the real thing. Let’s make one and let the fun begin.
- 2019-03-04-111936-Pages+from+11312_eBook_Patterns.pdf 522 KB [ Download ]
- 2019-03-04-112829-Pages+from+11312_eBook_Patterns-2.pdf 175 KB [ Download ]
- Ronald T. commented on Fox Stole 03 Sep 09:52
- Ronald T. favorited Fox Stole 03 Sep 09:52
- Laura W. commented on Fox Stole 18 Jul 11:20
- Laura W. favorited Fox Stole 18 Jul 11:20
- Cynthia Dow commented on Fox Stole 15 May 10:22
- Cynthia Dow favorited Fox Stole 15 May 10:22
- Key West Witch favorited Fox Stole 06 May 01:10
- Devin K. commented on Fox Stole 06 Apr 06:06
- Devin K. favorited Fox Stole 06 Apr 06:05
- KMOM14 favorited Fox Stole 24 Mar 05:53
• Download and print the Fox Stole patterns.
• Make templates from the patterns. Transfer all markings to the templates.
• Cut 4 of Ear.
• Cut 1 of Face.
• Cut 2 of Side Face (1 and 1 reversed).
• Cut 1 of Lower Jaw.
• Cut 2 of Front/Back Neck.
• Cut 2 of Tail.
• Cut 1 strip 14˝ × 39 ˝.
• Cut 2 of Mouth Gusset.
• Cut 1 Nose.
Make the head
All seam allowances are 3⁄8 ˝ unless otherwise noted.
With right sides together, stitch the Ears. Turn right sides out.
Hand baste the Ears to the upper curved edges of the Face.
Stitch the hook-and-loop tape onto the Mouth Gusset pieces where indicated on pattern.
With right sides together, stitch a Mouth Gusset to the front of the Face, leaving the edge open as marked on the pattern. Turn right sides out.
With right sides together, stitch the other Mouth Gusset to the Lower Jaw, leaving the edge open as marked on the pattern.
With right sides together, stitch the curved edge of the Back Neck to the Lower Jaw, being careful not to catch the Mouth Gusset.
Turn right sides out.
Make the body
Create a tube by folding the
14 ̋ × 39 ̋ strip right sides together lengthwise and stitching the long edges together. The seam will be on the underside of the fox.
Keep the strip wrong side out and slip the completed fox head into the tube, with the right sides together. Make certain the seam of the tube matches with the center underside of the fox neck.
Stitch the completed head to the tube at the neck, gathering the tube to fit the head.
Turn right sides out.
Hand stitch the nose where indicated on the pattern. Attach the button eyes where marked.
Make the tail
Stitch the 2 Tail pieces right sides together, leaving the end open. Turn right sides out.
Increase the stitch length on the sewing machine and stitch a long stitch around the end of the tube, then slightly gather it.