Make a beautiful Nordic book mark
There is nothing more lovely that receiving a handmade gift-and this little book mark is quickly made, so versatile and will be appreciated for a very long time by the receiver! You can even let the children create a simpler version with a little fabric glue and flat backed sequins!
- 110446_2F2015-08-15-141455-Template.jpg 196 KB [ Download ]
- kiki w. added Folklore Book Mark to Craft 2 sell 29 Jan 00:28
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Folklore Book Mark 28 Jul 21:04
- Rebecca M. favorited Folklore Book Mark 11 Jun 18:16
- Emma H. favorited Folklore Book Mark 09 Jun 18:47
- Cake Eater Sarah favorited Folklore Book Mark 12 Oct 23:47
- jane.louis.353 added Folklore Book Mark to Needlework 16 Sep 15:21
- marlene.gagne.3 favorited Folklore Book Mark 09 Sep 10:41
- Sal M. added Folklore Book Mark to Sewing 03 Sep 20:57
- Kajsa Kinsella published her project Folklore Book Mark 03 Sep 06:00
Lay one decorated blue part on the red larger centre piece, load a sharp needle with light green embroidery floss and use Blanket Stitch to attach it. Only just nip a little red and then push through the blue, attaching it only to the surface. Don`t sew through to the other side as the second blue part will need to be placed there. When you are done with one side, attach the other one too. Keep the stitches very neat and even for the best result.
Place the two decorated tulip parts back to back, line them up well and wedge the assembled flower stem in between the base. To attach the flower head to the stem, stitch small blanket stitches, joining the parts together. As you come to the base of the tulip, only nip as before the lighter blue and push all the way through the darker blue. Finish sewing all the way up to where we started and secure your thread.